Submissions are open!
Sigil House Publishing is now accepting submissions for our first large printing of e-shorts! Submissions will close December 30th , 2018, with all submitters being notified of our decision in 6 to 8 weeks. This is our first open call for submissions, and since we’re a new publishing house, we thought it best to have a broad window for acceptance.
Previously published stories are accepted, as long as it has been one year since original publication and the original printer’s information is provided alongside the submission. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please inform us if your work is accepted elsewhere. Multiple submissions are also okay!
We are accepting short fiction stories at this time. Any genre of fiction is welcome, from speculative to urban, romantic space-western to comedic horror-opera. We ask only a few things of you:
- Please keep stories between 2,000 and 15,000 words.
- No pedophilia, bestiality, or fanfiction.
- Please submit all stories as attachments in: .docx, .odt, or .rtf. No PDFs or stories in the body of the email will be accepted.
- Please put your last name and the title of the story in the email subject line.
- Please be sure you have a PayPal account, as all payments will go out through them.
- Let us know how you heard about us!
At this time, we are paying $10 for all accepted submissions.
Please send your short stories to SigilHousePublishing@gmail.com, along with your cover letter, a brief bio, and an author’s photo.
We are not accepting nonfiction, flash fiction, or comics at this time, but check back with us soon!